Thanks to one sick day stuck home on the couch, I found myself watching The Voice on demand, and am now addicted. I love the idea of blind auditions and the coaches only listening before deciding if they want the singer on their team or not! It makes it more about the music, and well…the voice.
Here are some of my favorites from the first 4 rounds of blind auditions! Enjoy!
Justin Hopkins – Babylon
Jordan Rager – Chicken Fried
Jamie Lono – Folsom Prison Blues **One of my favorites
As the temperature begins to drop…for real this time…I’m reminded of one of my favorite cozy cold weather bars - The Bourgeois Pig. My best friend and I used to come here for our best-friend date nights, share a baked brie platter and catch up over an amazing pitcher of 7th Street Sangria.
The specials aren’t every night, and this is definitely not a cheap Thursday night beer joint, but with its velvet curtains, antique chairs and mirrors, and red-lit ambiance it’s a quaint neighborhood gem everyone should get to at least once! Especially if you’re a resident NYC wino and happen to love cheese and/or fondue!
There are some specials – have no fear:
Monday, Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays: 5pm – 7pm all bottles of wines are 1/2 priced
The wait to get in on a weekend night can sometimes be quite long, so if you have time, get there early, cozy up in a corner and take in the atmosphere!
I recommend the baked brie platter or the French Onion Fondue and the 7th Street Sangria!
*It’s been days now & you change your mind again, It feels like years & I can tell how time can bend your ideas. And the boys go on & on & on & on & the boys go on & on & on & on And there’s gold falling from the ceiling of this world, Falling from the heartbeat of this girl, falling from the things we should have learned Falling from the things we could have heard*
With the holidays coming everyone I know is trying to lose that extra weight before they put extra on with Turkey, stuffing, Christmas cookies…the list goes on.
Among other things to get in shape for, my friends and I will are going to Aruba in a couple months, so that’s reason enough to try and beat the Holiday weight gain! My friend came across this website Fitocracy where, like a game, you try and level up against your friends. You enter in your exercises and track what you do, including smaller things like walking to work or vacuuming. If you’re anywhere near as competitive as most my friends and I are, this is a great tool for you! Create a group, set goals, beat achievements and lose weight doing it!
come find me: geminiswim and we can compete against the holiday bulge together! It’s still in the beta phase, so message me for an invite!
It’s been a little while since I’ve been able to post, and I left off with a mix for fall, so I figured where better to pick back up than with a follow up mix as the temperature continues to drop down into fall perfection ♥
Benjamin Francis Leftwich – Atlas Hands *I will remember your face, ‘Cause I am still in love with that place When the stars are the only things we share Will you be there? I’ve got a plan I’ve got an atlas in my hands I’m gonna turn when I listen to the lessons that I’ve learned*
Gavin DeGraw – Soldier *Where did all the people go? They got scared when the lights went low. I’ll get you through it nice and slow, When the world’s spinning out of control. Afraid of what they might lose Might get scraped or they might get bruised. You could beg them, what’s the use? That’s why it’s called a moment of truth*
Ben Rector – Song for the Suburbs *Pretty cars and pretty houses Pretty people on parade If this dream is what you’re after Then dreamin’ is where you’ll stay*
Sarah Blasko – We Won’t Run *Cast out this devil,I’ve got the metal, the means to make things right. Tired of guilt,tired of being sorry, haven’t we suffered enough? We won’t run, we can fight, all that keeps us up at night. There is far to go now, let’s not waste a minute more*
NEEDTOBREATHE – The Reckoning *Cause I can see the shadows At the foot of my door I can see the faces They don’t doubt us anymore I can see it coming I pray I don’t go blind In the middle of our reckoning time*
Joshua Radin – The Rock & The Tide *Everyone gets what they want too fast these days No one knows the way to make things last*
Demi Lovato & Jason Derulo – Together *Remember love Remember you and me Remember everything we shared On this planet when we cared Remember hearts Remember unity Remember loving neighbors Without expecting favors*
Jack’s Mannequin – Broken Bird *When you left here this morning You were a broken bird You said you can’t put out a fire You can’t put out a fire Your stance is widened Your smile is hiding What you want nobody to see Broken bird now you’re free*
Andrew Belle & Katie Herzig- Static Waves *Now out the door and down the stairs From your apartment I count the steps from where I am To where I started I would have let you leave*
Ingrid Michaelson – Spare Change *You can’t break me I’m a piggy bank on the floor Watch all my spare change Roll out the door Watch all my spare change Roll across the floor Watching me through Your glass door*
In spite of all the floods and downed trees, one pleasant thing Irene left behind was the most perfect fall feeling breeze. It’s not quite fall yet, but I’m ready for it, and mellowing out with this Music Monday’s fall-ready tunes. Happy Listening.
1. Demi Lovato – Skyscraper You can take everything I have You can break everything I am Like I’m made of glass Like I’m made of paper Go on and try and tear me down I will be rising from the ground Like a skyscraper
2. Mat Kearney – Ships In The Night I turn the lights down low Walk these halls alone We can feel so far from so close Like ships in the night You keep passing me by We’re just wasting time Trying to prove who’s right And if it all goes crashing into the sea If it’s just you and me trying to find the light Like ships in the night
3. Augustana – Just Stay Here Tonight My hands are tied and I’ve been rollin’ the dice My legs are broken and I ain’t up for a fight I’ll make it rain from an empty sky If you just stay here tonight
4. Digital Daggers – Where The Lonely Ones Roam Sun’s come up And there’s no one else around Meet me in the shadows Won’t you tell me what you found You’ve got everything to lose Yeah I’m waiting on you
5. Matt Nathanson – Kiss Quick Kiss quick, I got a line out the door Who all think they can save me. One by one they lay the world at my feet, One by one they drive me crazy
6. Jacob & Lily – Hosea I remember the summer and that sweet rain, Moments of silence moments of pain But your heart is wild and your eyes they wonder, why do I miss you
7. Mat Kearney – Chasing The Light And you keep saying that you’re running down a dream But you don’t know where it leads As you keep chasing the light Every bridge that you keep on burning Every leaf that you keep on turning Every road that you find uncertain Pray for you now Baby that you’ll figure it out
8. We Are The In Crowd – Never Be What You Want I’m scared to death and it shows The flame burned out, but it glows And the look in your eyes says things I don’t wanna know It’s time to go, come closer And I can’t say anything, everything comes out the wrong way I’ll never be what you want I wouldn’t change any part of me Just to make you stay
9. Angus & Julia Stone – You’re The One That I Want (Grease Cover) You better shape up ’cause I need a man And my heart is set on you You better shape up, better understand To my heart I must be true You’re the one that I want
10. Matt Nathanson – Modern Love ♥♥obsessed with all this song’s lyrics I let ‘em in, Oh man, I let ‘em win I’d burn my house down just to hear them scream my name I’ve carried hopes and heavy daydreams, she said But I’m done with sleeping Take the phone calls Take this circus Take the drama, ’cause baby it’s worthless This modern love is not enough
Lately a lot has been going on in the lives of those I love and are close to me. Changes, choices, closures…life can be an uphill battle. We’ve all stood at the bottom saying “how will I ever make it to the top?” I have amazing people in my life who have always been there to push me forward when I give up and hope I can be that stubborn force behind them helping them find their firm footing. You’re not alone ♥
We Fall, We Land, We Learn How to Stand
I tried to run
I tried to hide
You sought me out
You dried my eyes
I wanted to forget
I wanted to fly
You sat so quiet
You stayed by my side
Even when darkness shadowed my face
When everything crumbled and fell out of place
When choices were just movements
I carelessly made
You waited for the moment
Then swooped in for the save
You scared away the demons
You helped undo what was done You found light where there was only darkness
You fought in my battle, a battle we won
So when you feel like screaming
When your shadow makes you run
If tears well up in your eyes
And your head’s a loaded gun
Let me unload the bullets
Let me find you the light
I can keep you grounded It doesn’t have to be fight or flight
We’ll weather this storm
You’ll never weather it alone
We’ve survived these rains before
We can make it through once more
Lend me your hand
Lend me your trust
When nothing feels like it’s ever enough
Let me hold you up
Like you’ve held me tall
You’ll learn how you fell
You’ll learn how to land Together we’ll help you relearn how stand
Happy Friday – everyone be safe with the hurricane!